Grateful: feeling or showing an appreciation for something done or received. Originally from gratitude.
Today all over America, people are preparing to break bread with loved ones and celebrate everything they have to be grateful for. Although we don’t celebrate thanksgiving down under, I have a few things I’m grateful for and a few wishes.
1. My health. I’ve had illness this year, so I appreciate when I can breathe deeply and walk without pain.
2. I’m grateful for quiet, which is fleeting and almost non existent recently.
3. I wish for peace and harmony in the world.
4. I wish people would think for themselves and not blindly follow one human or a book. You have the right to ask questions and to find answers and seek happiness.
5. I wish all the terrorism and violence in the world would stop.
6. I wish everyone in the world would be civil to eachother. You don’t need to like everyone, just be respectful and try to get along. And don’t be rude or inconsiderate, especially with noise.
7. I wish people would buy my book and think its funny. Even though I’ve never made a cent from writing and I need the money, I’ve dropped the price by half for Christmas, so please have a look: https://authors-unlimited.org/book-member/just-saturday-nights
8. I wish to make enough money to move to the country. Its the only thing I’ve ever wanted, apart from having my novella published. Where I live now is cramped, crowded, very noisy and depressing. It has effected my health, sanity and sleep. But I still have hope things will improve.
Have a happy thanksgiving everyone. What are you grateful for? What is your wish?